Thursday, May 19, 2011

Is she really trying to get a skatepark or just scam money

I support all efforts skateboarding. However, I do not trust Stephanie Murdock and her mission of "the skate park of Baltimore" which she inherited from Chris Renner (RIP). I never knew Chris, however, he seemed like an authentic skater.

Here is the way I am breaking this whole thing down. The SOB (skate park of baltimore) has been raising money for 6years and has very little to show for it. The ramps that they have they cant even take care of, they sell water and put donation bins out, Stephanie shows up to design meetings and cant stay focused, she spins her wheels doing small events, the local skateshops are not behind her 100% and I just dont see how she is going to bridge the gap between where she is now and where she keeps talking about being. Currently she has a $50,000 grant from the OSI, she has from hearsay, another $30,000 and she cant even maintain a ramp at the park that exists already (that she did not pay for)....how is she going to get us skaters into a concrete park like she was proposing? I think she is a savy business woman whom has found a way to mooch off of people and grants and not work. Good for her, however, dont dangle a fake park in front of hungry skaters.
Please prove me wrong, show me the bank statements, show me where the money comes from, drop some transparency on me.

the dude at Charm City makes money but at least he does not hide it. he rolls a foreign ride, wears swanky garb and has a swager. And, he build more ramps and expands. I am a business man, I understand overhead and running a business.

Drop some transparency....please. 

7 comments:

  1. All the records of the SOB are a matter of public record. Do some research. The transparency is there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like a lot of money on the ground at this point, wonder if thats from hard work and perseverance or just plain scam. Nice work

      Delete
  2. Oh look it's another disgruntled jerk who hates the fact that they aren't doing something worthwhile with their lives, and has to piss on an upstanding person who is. While you were at home writing shitty blogs to yourself, Steph was actually doing WORK. YEARS OF WORK IN FACT. As you may have noticed, that park is well on it's way...concrete poured...foundation set. Which if your sorry ass is actually a skater, I'm assuming after you remove the foot from your mouth, you'll be right over there with the rest of the nay-sayers trying to get a piece of the action. If you'd get off your ass and stop being a hermit, and maybe, I dunno...actually look...sorry SKATE around, you'd see that she really has been putting all of her time, blood, sweat, and tears into this project. Nothing comes over night. You clearly don't understand what it takes to put something like this together like she has. What are YOU doing for all of your fellow skaters? *crickets...crickets* That's what I thought. The money she raised for the Skatepark of Baltimore was done so with hours upon hours of research, work, planning, and dedication, which I'm sure you know nothing about. I sincerely hope the taste of your own words are much better than the shit you talk. Bravo, you've officially become the douchebag of the day. I'll be sure to send you a Skatepark of Baltimore water bottle to wash this down with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? Your gona put this remarkable skate advocate on blast? Have you even seen the newest pics? There almost done building a world class skatepark in Bmore. It has an awesome bowl built by some talented builders. Im sure Steph is used to shit talkers but this has her mom upset, I would take down this blog dude. Do some research, get your facts straight.Id apologize to Steph and maybe we'll let you skate it one day.I wouldnt wanta show up there and we found out it was you that posted this. way to be dick with too much time on his hands. does it make you feel good to bring down good people? Take it down , let the hate go kid. Sincerely
    Rich Menet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I met Stephanie over 4 years ago when this was just starting. She had giant binders full of research that she had compiled with the dream if making this a reality. I was impressed with her drive, focus, and skill.. along with her ability to get community members from kids to adults all involved in the process. She started with an idea and made it a reality. I am always impressed when i see the progress on this park... which can be seen very publicly on the Facebook page (or if you visit the park). There must be a better use for your cynicism. Indeed she deserves an apology. I am glad so many have commented in her defense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey WHOA Dont mention me in this. A skateboarder is a skateboarder. I support Skatepark of Baltimore one more place to skate. CHARMCITY SKATEPARK SUPPORTS STEFANIE and her mission! And I dont have a swagger or swanky clothes!!!!!! I wear the same cords every day! - J

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found this and feel aweful. I wrote it when I was drunk one night and being a dick. I have been trying to take it down for years and I dont have access to this account any more. I will call them to get them to take it down. Sorry if this hurt anyones feelings. I have been a huge supporter and have been donating money since day one. I truly am sorry and will work to get this rubish removed.

    ReplyDelete